HempStaff Job Openings
Sales Director (05102022)
Job Location Raleigh
Salary $70,000 - $85,000/annum
Job type: Full-time
Job reference: 05102022
Posted 13 May 2022
Location: Raleigh, NC
Who We Are
We are an inspired team, motivated by the opportunity to lay out the groundwork and establish a new paradigm for cannabis on the East Coast. We are committed to a culture of innovation within the low-THC cannabis (Hemp) segment, and it is our mission to thrive while proving that benevolence, education, and equality can be instilled in our industry.
Our belief that “Nice Things Happen” is felt throughout our branding and company values in the form of lifestyle consumer products. Our products are held to the highest standard, with attention to detail, and transparency, in all aspects of the way we project ourselves - from locally sourced raw ingredients to the placement of our products on customers' shelves.
In the simplest terms, we will achieve our mission in the following steps:
This position will directly impact how the future of cannabis brands are perceived on the east coast and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards growing our brand. As the leader of a rapidly growing sales team, you will be responsible for generating brand awareness by expanding our products in our traditional markets (Smoke Shops, Tobacco Store, Hemp/CBD Stores, Convenience locations) with an emphasis on expanding our presence in alternative markets such as barbershops, yoga studios, bars, restaurants, music venues, etc.
As a technology-focused company, the Sales Director must have the same mindset. The sales leader will be keen to learn new software and analyze sales data. With a goal to reach 10 sales reps in North Carolina over the next 24 months, the sales leader has a key requirement of improving upon our sales rep automation and organizational processes.
Our broader team and partnerships includes a diverse group of engineers, marketers, creatives, sales professionals, scientists, agriculturalists. You will be working closely with our small team in full transparency. This will be key to our success.
Who We’re Looking For
· 4-5 years of sales experience (potential industries: CPG, alcohol, pharmaceuticals, etc)
· 1-2 years of managing a sales team (2 current sales team members, and expanding in the future)
· Accounts Receivable
· Determine sales goals for each salesperson as well as team goals
· Sales forecasting
· Client invoicing
· Sales rep inventory transfers (pickup, drop-offs, returns, etc) at Raleigh warehouse
· Manage their own book of business (some inherited accounts and responsible for expanding territory/account list)
· Extremely organized with the ability to handle multiple projects at once
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Represent the company at trade shows, conferences, etc.
· "Builder mindset" to assist the CEO in executing a future vision and strategy to establish client as an industry leader
What You Need To Be Proficient In
We plan to fill this position ASAP!
$70-85K/year base PLUS commission