HempStaff Job Openings
Cannabis Compliance Manager - Remote (04272211)
Job Location Bozeman
Salary $70,000 - $150,000/annum
Job type: Full-time
Job reference: 04272211
Posted 13 May 2022
We are seeking compliance specialist/ manager whose proficient with metrc and greenbits.
The Compliance Manger will keep the team up to date on legal and regulatory matters impacting operations, monitor operations to identify and correct instances of non-compliance, and reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the provisioning center. Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented, self-motivated, and has in-depth knowledge of cannabis laws and regulations.
• Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of state Cannabis laws and regulations.
• Advise the Compliance Officer and Executives of any crucial compliance issues or changes that could impact the company.
• Manage essential operating records creation and retention.
• Develop a thorough understanding of operations and the work-flow requirements for each job.
• Act as the on-site compliance liaison between state regulators and other staff
• Ensure workplace health and safety policies and procedures are followed
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment
• Responsible for establishing and documenting all aspects of compliance requirements to meet all state laws and regulations
• Seeks to understand all aspects of distribution and manufacturing and facility usage patterns to effectively plan for compliance and auditing requirements
• Communicates all compliance related issues to the CCO in a clear, consistent and effective way possible
• Develops an audit plan and schedule and perform all audits per schedule.
• Continuously learning by researching outlets that provide updates for regulatory matters.
• Critical thinking to find numerous solutions to barriers and going the mile to solve problems.
• Being flexible and open to change due to the evolving nature of the Cannabis Industry.
• The ability to write in a manner that is crystal clear and easily comprehensible to anyone.
• Behaving in a fair, ethical, and calm manner when confronted with conflict or questions.
• The confidence to present accurate information in a clear and concise manner.
Be at least 21 years of age.
Possess excellent reading, writing, and communication skills.
Have an in-depth understanding of all applicable existing and recent cannabis laws and regulations in MI.
Have multiple years of experience working in another highly regulated industry, ideally in a compliance-related position.
Have strong attention to detail and a natural aptitude for organization and systematization.
Be generally positive, adaptable, and team-oriented.