HempStaff Job Openings
Facility Custodian (060322)
Job Location Cambridge
Salary $18 - $18/hour
Job type: Full-time
Job reference: 060322
Posted 03 June 2022
Job Status: Full-Time Non-Exempt Direct Supervisor: Facility Manager
The Facility Custodian is responsible for the safe, professional, reliable, efficient, environmentally-sound, and cost-effective maintenance of the facilities. The Facility Custodian ensures all assigned areas of the facility are cleaned, sanitized, and maintained at the highest standards. The ideal candidate is able to work effectively with minimal supervision and be a self-starter with initiative.
• Work closely with the Facility Manager to ensure high quality operations
• Support the activities of the Facilities Management staff, other personnel or contractors to ensure effective and efficient cleaning and service/special event support
Quality & Financial
• Sweep, mop, wax and floors, corridors, and stairs. Restock cleaning and paper supplies as needed. Empty waste baskets, collect and dispose of rubbish and recycling.
• Clean and sanitize bathrooms, clean glass, dust, and clean other surfaces to prepare building for occupancy and to maintain them at an acceptable level.
• Move furniture and arrange and set-up/break-down chairs, tables and other equipment as necessary.
• Perform seasonal tasks as needed, including but not limited to plowing, shoveling, clearing snow & ice from walks, stairs, pathways, and roads, and being available for emergencies and scheduled "off-hour" work as needed.
People & Development
• Must be able to work as a team member with other personnel including staff, contractors.
• Assist peers and new hires in learning about the business and equipment to enhance understanding
• Maintain high level of morale and enthusiasm to assist the team
• Comply with all safety procedures and requirements
• Report any material and/or facility conditions that may affect safety and/or operations
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• High standards for quality and cleanliness
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Honest and trustworthy
• Mechanical Aptitude
• Adaptable to change and learning new things
• High school diploma/GED required or equivalent military experience
• Minimum one year experience as a custodial worker preferred
• Basic knowledge of housekeeping tools and equipment required
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Conditions will vary from indoor, outdoor, and field environments in all weather conditions.
• Ability to consistently stand/walk for up to 8 hours per day, frequent & repeated bending, twisting, reaching, kneeling.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds, and occasionally lift over fifty (50+) pounds.
• Ability to work a fully flexible schedule including nights and weekends
• Works with chemical cleaning agents daily.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required and includes all other duties as assigned by management.
Roughly 32 Hours/Week @ $18/hour